Login    

Register Contactform  •   FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

TIP FOR ALL HU PLAYERS: RIGHTCLICK ON THE TOURNEY SETUP LINKS AND OPEN THEM IN A NEW TAB OR WINDOW.
Jump to:  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Brian T's vent....
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:38 am 

For all you Canuck folk, and all those that might be interested. Have ya noticed the surge of Grizzly bear sightin’s down on lower elevations? A place where ya rarely saw one. There was recently a Griz sow and her two cubs sighted in a nearby city, jus’ walkin’ the streets. Conservation Officers were able to catch (trap) one of the cubs and it was relocated. The cubs are two yr’ olds. It strikes me odd that they would locate a cub that young without its Ma. Usually, Griz cubs need to stay close to their mother’, for at least three-four years, but this one they jus’ caught and relocated it. I guess there wasn’t much else they could do. It is jus’ a shame that mankind has moved so far into their habitat forcin’ them to move into ours. Course, then ya got these folk that live in the hills in a lovely summer local, not far from me either, and for the past five or so years they’ve been feedin’ Black bears all through the spring and summer, fifteen of them to be exact. The thing is, these bears were… if ya can believe it, not only being fed by these folk, but, were literally guardin’ their grow op! Yeah, they were busted and are still awaitin’ charges in regards to the grow op. They have been ordered by the court to continue feedin’ the fifteen bears, o’course lowering their food intake until they hibernate. I guess it was either that or destroy them. Now the next question arises, WHAT about next spring… what do ya think these fifteen bears are gonna do…? Chances are they’ll be problem bears and because of some fools interaction with them over the past few years, they’ll hibernate this year, but will never see another hibernating season (cuz they'll be destroyed b'fore then). Now that is friggin sad. Ya, can likely find out more about this, if ya haven’t already heard about it through local media and Global News, at you tube... here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo9BOSP7bTI I saw it on Global News and of course heard it on local radio and other media. The footage showed how docile the bears are, the RCMP officers were even havin’ a laugh as one of the bears chased a stick he had thrown, not more than ten feet from where he stood. IN all actuality it is a friggin shame… cause I guarantee we’ll be loosin’ them bear(s) over the next few years. The thing is, how far back would that lineage go? And will it affect the next generation? I guess we’ll havta wait and see. :evil: :x :twisted: Peace.

Brian T.

Last edited by Brian T. on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:41 am 

I ain't got nuthin' to vent 'bout t'day. But if anyone else does feel free. And thanks for readin' some of the ol' vents. ;) Peace.

Brian T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:48 pm 

Kids these days. :roll: I got this news blurb from Yahoo:
Brooklyn teen faces felony charge in death of family hamster

I hope the little be-atch gets the full sentence. Then she'll know what it's like to live in a cage :!: :x

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:10 am 

Is that 4 Real... :? I guess even Hamsters have rights... eh? :| Peace.

Brian T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:10 pm 

Holy CRAP :!: :!: Just checked the news and we got a friggin' tsunami watch issued for our coast. :o DAMN!! They're saying the wave could hit @ 0700 my time.
Tsunami advisory issued for north and central B.C. coast
The Canadian Press wrote:
An 8.9 magnitude earthquake and a devastating tsunami across northern Japan early Friday has caused massive destruction and at least 29 deaths.

The images from NE Japan on our CTV news station are incredible. They got hit with 4 meter high waves.
Hawaii also suffered a minor quake not long ago this morning.

And apparently we're experiencing massive X class solar flares. That, along with the full moon next week could cause major natural disasters.

I want off this rock :!: Image

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:14 pm 

Yeah, 8.9 on the rictor scale, biggest one recorded in Japan's history of recordin' earthquakes. Could cause a whole bunch of mini quakes. Scary shit... Be safe LW. ;) Peace.

Brian T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:24 am 

Nothing really happened here. The warning was more for the NW coast of the Island. Port Alberni schools were used as emergency shelters for some of the people in low laying areas.

And now apparently there's a state of emergency issued for 2 nuke power plants in Japan that aren't being cooled properly. And they're still getting aftershocks. Man, what a mess. :o

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:41 am 

Could be were lookin' at another Chernobyl if those things don't cool down. Bad news I reckon'. Glad nuthin' went on to drastically on the Coast. ;) Peace.

Brian T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:05 am 

:cry: My prayers go out to all the people in these natural disaster zones. All the loss of life, the aftermath and suffering it's just so tragic.

tarbaby

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:53 am 

I found this computer image from NOAA on the net.

Profile E-mail  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next