Login    

Register Contactform  •   FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

TIP FOR ALL HU PLAYERS: RIGHTCLICK ON THE TOURNEY SETUP LINKS AND OPEN THEM IN A NEW TAB OR WINDOW.
Jump to:  
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: hi.
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:44 am 
Random avatar

i'm back on the site now.

My computer had some bad errors starting about a year ago. They got worse over time. My computer started getting blue screen errors and stuff, and then eventually it crashed. I didn't do anything about it because I didn't want to download anything that wasn't free and I didn't know if it would fix the computer without deleting any needed files for it to run or something else, so I don't like to get unlesss a friend told me about it and I know it works. I had the computer given to someone to fix it and he did, but he forgot about it and I didn't get it back for about 6 months. Now it's fixed and I am back online.

I use AVG Anti-Virus Free 2012 and it doesn't seem to remove the hidden viruses, If I were to have a virus at some time could someone tell me a working virus removal that's free and can remove all viruses without deleting any needed files that the computer uses to run? I was wondering if my computer were to get a virus inside a needed file that the computer needs to run and a virus removal were to detect it and remove it would it remove the file and cause the computer to stop? I don't know if that's possible, but I was just wondering and asked because some of you people are on the site and computer often and might know something about this.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: hi.
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:25 am 

There are all kknds of free programs availabile. I subscribe to the "prevention is the best cure" phylosophy. If U don't know what it is, don't open it. 8-)

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:11 pm 
Random avatar

Do you know of a good anti-virus that is able to remove hidden viruses that others can't remove? One that's free and won't delete any needed files or mess up the computer?
I head of Malwarebytes and iObit, but I haven't tried those.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: hi.c
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:09 am 

Try Microsoft Essentials. Thats all I used when I had a PC. 8-)

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:02 am 

Yeah, Microsoft Essentials is a very good anti-virus. It was LW that pointed it out to me as well. IOBIT Advance System care 5, is also a very good malware detector and remover. It is also worth the dwnld, for sure. I use both Microsoft Essentials and Advance System Care 5 to keep my PC up and runnin'. 8-) Peace.

Brian T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:45 pm 

I forgot about ASC. That along with MS Essesntials, & ya shud be good ta go. 8-)

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:47 am 
Random avatar

So, I don't have to worry at all about Microsoft Essentials or IOBIT Advance System care 5 doing any harm to my computer? That they are really good sofware?

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:00 pm 

Both are very good. IOBIT has other s/w available too. Check out their web site. 8-)
MS Essentials is free as well as the updates. The full blown ASC will cost ya a few $$, (well worth It IMHO), but the free version works quite well. ;)

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:29 pm 
Random avatar

ok Lone Wolf. Thanks.
I might start playing HU3 if I can get it and
I might start playing the HU games soon.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:09 am 
Random avatar

I still have errors on my computer.
Every time I start the comuter Windows XP, it does a DSKCHK or disk check. It finishes, but can't clean the files. It marked drive C: as dirty. I know it's caused from bad sectors in the drive like missing or corrupt files. I want to know if there's a way to know which files cause disk check to mark the driver as dirty which is causing it to run every time I start the computer. I don't have a Windows XP installation disk or backup so I can't re-install windows. Is there a way maybe to find the missing or corrupt files in my computer so I could maybe download those files and put them in the right places to fix it? I can't get any software that cost money. So, I only get freeware which makes being able to fix the computer harder because a lot of software that can fix things cost money for the full version. I also went to My computer\ C: properties\ Tools\Error Checking and clicked check now and marked both of those boxes and did a complete disk check on restart, but that didn't work.
One other thing. I have a few corrupt game files that won't delete. I've tried using Unlocker and deleting it through CMD from Run, but that didn't work. I don't like to switch to safe mode or try running as Administer because I don't want the computer to mess up again and not be able to log back as my normal account on Windows and I never did that before.

So, if any of you know how I can fix this and not pay any money I would like that.

Profile E-mail