Login    

Register Contactform  •   FAQ  •  Search    
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

TIP FOR ALL HU PLAYERS: RIGHTCLICK ON THE TOURNEY SETUP LINKS AND OPEN THEM IN A NEW TAB OR WINDOW.
Jump to:  

RTF Players
Poll ended at Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:30 pm
Yes 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
No 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Who Cares 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: RTF Players
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:30 pm 

Not sure if this question has ever been asked, so, I'm gonna now. Part of the fun in competing in RTFs is not only winning by the ROE, but also winning the Winners Certificate. It is virtually impossible for regsitered RTF players to win both, when ppl, who have not registered for the RTF download, play and post their own scores so that they can win that Certificate, or move up in the HU Series rankings. To me this seems unfair and pretty lame for those that do it. If the only reason you have chosen to play Tournaments that are listed with the "RTF" at the end or somewhere in the title of that Tournament, is because you want to win a certificate without following the RTF ROE, than why not simply creat a generated tournament, yourself? It is very easy to do. That way, those of us that take the time to register for the RTF Tournaments and follow the ROE have as much opportunity as those of you that don't register and hunt it anyway to also recieve those Certificates as well as move up on the HU stats. Seems fair and cordial to me. What say you? Perhaps a rule for the forum should be posted that anyone who posts on an RTF tournament without following the ROE and/or registration when required may be faced with a 10 day ban. Or something along that line. Or perhaps a "RTF SHAMERS" thread should be created. So, players know, that person or persons, didn't win the tournament and therfore shouldn't even move up in the HU Rankings. I'm jus' sayin'. ;) Peace.

Brian T.

Post subject: Re: RTF Players
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:55 pm 

Must say I like the idea. Unfortunately it is technically impossible for the admins.
Sure threads could be created & stickied etc. But there is no way to keep unregistered players out of your RTF. (Unless they are permabanned before :mrgreen: )
Nor can anything be done to prevent them to rank up on that site. (again, a permaban could :lol: )
Unfortunately there are plenty of ways to get around that too... :|

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:58 pm 

on another note, I tried to vote yes only because you're so cute.
But even that didn't work :?

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:48 am 

Brian T. wrote:
Perhaps a rule for the forum should be posted that anyone who posts on an RTF tournament without following the ROE and/or registration when required may be faced with a 10 day ban.

Dude, what are you thinking :?: :?: You can't simply ban someone for not following the RTF rules. I and the other Admins don't have the authority to enforce that. We could be in serious do-do if we did.
The whole idea was to have tourneys for those who don't give a fat rats ass about the certificates or rankings but enjoy a different kind of challenge. That's why registration is required to weed out the non participants.
Besides, the certificates are crap anyway. :roll:

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:14 am 

Hmmm.... not sure if I should jump in on this conversation..... I think that if players are only playing to get a certificate, that they shouldn't play the RTF's. I play the RTF's for the challenge and the competition. Not that I'm any good at the game. It's the challenge of trying to compete against the big dogs... in a manner of speaking. Maybe you could try something like an RTF Hall of Fame.... only registared RTF'ers make the rankings. No certificates or anything, just a list of the top competitors in all rtf's. Same kinda of idea of the clan scoring.... It's could be done.... couldn't it?
I'm just saying... ;)

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:16 am 

Oh yeah.... like BT said.... I tried voting yes, just cuz your sooo cute. However, the poll thingy isn't working....

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:43 pm 

I still think they should be banned before they d/l your tourney.. :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:56 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol: Peace.

Brian T.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:43 pm 

Finally, now that this forum is once more live, it is time for some RTFs. Any suggestions would be great. I'm looking through all the ones I've created and I hope to livin' them up a bit. So, if anyone has a suggestion on what they'd like to see in an RTF let me know. I hope to start them off again next week end. Are folks ready to rock with a few? ;) Peace.

Brian T.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:04 pm 
Random avatar

I have a few ideas of rules for certain created tourneys of RTF's. Like for some missions. Require for example say you are doing a tourney with a pistol for main gun and a bow for secondary weapon...(I dont remember if the game allows for two guns) and make one seperate rules for the guns for an example: 3 animals, 2 turkeys, 1 elephant. Turkeys have to be shot with bow and elephant with pistol. Maybe you would want to try teamed RTF's requiring One team member to shoot one kind of animal and another team member to shoot one kind of weapon different than the other member and make it even (same rules) for both teams. And a different map for half team members for two seperate tourneys for the RTF's, but the same maps for the other team(s).

Profile E-mail